Frequently Asked Questions :
Tahiti & Moorea taxi website : https://www.taxitahiti.com/
Taxi prices : https://www.taxitahiti.com/tarifs
This information is just done as a global information, from one banking agency to another one, business hours can change.
Business hours (for almost bank) :
Monday to Friday: 8am to 11:45am - 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Saturday can be close or open
Tipping in French Polynesia:
Yes, you can tip in French Polynesian and this is not contrary to their beliefs and does not constitute an act of disrespect (even if you read the opposite on certain forum).
On the contrary the person will be delighted and will see there a recognition of the service which it brought you.
Tips are also used here, as Polynesians usually do when they are on vacation in the United States or New Zealand or elsewhere.
At the level of the amount, it is not well defined as in the United States, you give what you want, or nothing at all if the service was not good.
While this is not mandatory, but will be highly appreciated especially if the person has given more than normal.
What is coral?
Corals are animals. They are alive.
Corals are made up of tiny animals called polyps. Hundreds, even thousands, of polyps can make up a coral.
Over time, each polyp not only builds its own skeleton, but adds to the structure to the reef.
What gives corals the energy for all this building? A partnership with symbiotic algae called zooxanthellae. They use energy from the sun to photosynthesize, providing up to 95% of the food the corals need. In turn, the corals release nutrients valuable to the algae give them a safe place to live.
What not to do to respect nature in snorkeling
- Do not walk or touch the coral. The coral is fragile and its simple brushing can kill a whole colony.
- Do not feed animals This can disrupt natural behavior and food chains.
- Do not touch, disturb, chase, scare or manipulate animals. It can disrupt important biological functions and more simply stress the animals
- Stay away from the ocean floor and keep your body horizontal. It is important to avoid raising sediments from the ocean floor.
-Do not take natural memories like shell. Taking something natural on the ocean can disrupt the ecology.
- Use a biodegradable sunscreen or t-shirt and hat against sunburn
How did the Polynesian islands appear?
At first a volcanic island (from a hot spot) without coral and lagoon.
And the transformation into atoll, without island but only a coral ring with a lagoon.
In the end, the atoll will disappear (sink)